Monday, March 03, 2008

Go to Sleep Little Monkey. Please?

Oh, little Mortikai. Not his name, just what we call him sometimes. At only eight weeks old, he has decided that naps are for suckers and he doesn't want to take any. Which would be fine if it weren't for that fact that once he yawns for the first time, it's all downhill from there. We've got three, maybe five minutes if we're lucky to get him asleep before he starts screaming a scream we'd rather not hear all day! This little boy who used to conk out wherever now requires that we wear him while bouncing on the bouncy ball and listening either to the vacuum cleaner or some other very loud white noise in order to a) go to sleep, and b) stay asleep for longer than three minutes. Mostly we're fine with this, but my shoulder kinda hurts today, so it would be truly amazing if I could lie down and take a nap with him, but no such luck. Here's us, right now, bouncing at the computer and listening to a very loud waterfall that I downloaded from iTunes (we're a little fuzzy on account of the bouncing):


And here's me wearing him on various other recent occasions:


On the upside, all this movement and continued breastfeeding means that I'm back into my "healthy size" jeans already and am only about five pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight.

Finally, I'll leave you with the purplest picture we took of our little bear during his unsuccessful but amusing treatment of gentian violet (the oral diflucan that he's taking now seems to be doing the trick, though sadly, we cannot give him his reflux meds at the same time and he's pretty unhappy again about spitting up when it happens - I've cut out dairy and chocolate in the hope that it will help him out until he can return to the reflux meds again - which I sadly decided to do only two hours after purchasing a quart of B&J Cookie Dough Ice Cream, now sitting in my freezer, taunting me with its unavailability):


Oh! One more "finally" - the demon baby picture caused by a failed red eye adjuster:

3 comments:

Islander said...

Heehee! "I will suck your blood... (But only if it's purple."

Leo and Sam's Mom said...

Hi Lauren,

Karen Chandler Cain sent me your blog. My son, Leo, is 8 weeks old as well and we seem to be living parallel lives. He has reflux and taking Zantac. He also doesn't sleep so well. Our ped said we can start sleep training but I'm not into it at this point. I think we'll try at 12 weeks. You also inspired me to blog - clintonhillbaby.blogspot.com.

-Dara

Anonymous said...

Baby Bellon votes with his mouth.
-g