Monday, March 17, 2008

The Daddy Diaries: Day One

Lauren returned to work today, so it's my first day as a full-time stay-at-home super-Dad (I tried to think of ways to get some more hyphens into that sentence, but alas, my creativity runneth dry).

I was a bit nervous about me and the little monkey making it through the day without Lauren here to feed him, soothe him, and generally be fantastic. But with Lauren due home in a couple of hours and Kai fast asleep, we've had a pretty successful first day if I might say. Some highlights of our day: an enormously long (2+ hours) nap this morning (for Kai, not me), a walk to the Arlington Town Hall to pay the excise tax on the car, several successful bottle feedings, and a lot of time spent bounce-bounce-bouncing (I knew I could get some more hypens in this post somewhere) on the exercise ball while wearing him in the Moby wrap and listening to a looping white noise track on iTunes.

We'll see how tomorrow goes....

3 comments:

GooberMonkey said...

Three cheers for Bob!

K said...

I'll add a fourth cheer, from a Stay-At-Home-Mom-Who'se-Been-At-This-Long-Enough-To-Know-It's-Hard-Work. There, that's a whole bunch of hyphens for me, too. Been thinking about all three of you this week and hoping that it's going well. A big set of changes, that's for sure.

Laurie said...

yeah bob! more daddy diaries! :)