Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Poor Little Guy!

More pics to come over the weekend, I promise...

Bob talked to Kai's pediatrician yesterday to find out what exactly the interaction between his thrush medication and the reflux medication might be and whether it was serious. Turns out that most sources say no interaction, but one suggests that the reflux meds might slightly reduce the efficacy of the thrush medication, but probably not substantially.

When even the vacuum ceased to help him, and I could do nothing but hold my poor little screaming infant while he screamed, and just hope that it made him feel better than screaming on his own would have, I was glad of this news, and we decided to "risk" it.

Night and day my friends. At least we are now confident that Kai is not one of the many overdiagnosed cases of reflux. He is SOOOOOOO much happier. Don't get me wrong, he still fusses a bit, (it's evening right now, and indeed, he's feeling a bit cranky), but my goodness. Seriously. Night and day. He napped for three hours straight this afternoon (after only a few minutes of being bounced) today with a couple of quick nursing breaks thrown in. Napped for an hour in the morning before we left to (sad) get his two month vaccination shots, and then napped in the car for another hour after (I took the occasion of his falling asleep to go for a drive on Route 2, which was quite relaxing). One hour of his afternoon nap was even in the Pack & Play. I actually ate a leisurely lunch with no one attached to me while reading a book!

It's such a relief to be able to look at him and not see a tiny little creature in pain. The thrush also seems to be getting better...

No comments: