Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Seriously?

Ugh. So now I'm pumping more regularly to get ready for going back to work. And my pump is giving me plugged ducts/I'm getting less and less milk when I pump. I think it's a problem with the flange fit, but I'm not sure whether I need bigger or smaller flanges, so once again, I've left messages for my LC and local La Leche League leaders, hoping one of them will get back to me in the near future, since I only have a limited amount of time to resolve this issue. Everyone else I've asked has said they had no problems with pumping. Seriously, I'm so done with obstacles to breastfeeding. And before anyone suggests it, the problem with using formula during the day when you return to work (aside from the nutritional and immunological problems) is that ultimately, doing so has a tendency to reduce your supply and lead to early weaning.

Aargh.

No comments: