Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Of Moose and Me

My stomach is filled with what my co-worker D'Arcy calls "dreadsies." I call them butterflies. But really, they are big, bellowing moose.

I'm in the midst of one of those weeks, or months, or lifetimes, where I am procrastinating and procrastinating until it might catch up with me. Years of experience tell me I will get my act together at the last minute, finish everything in a stellar manner, and move on. But I wish that I could
  1. Let go of the tension in my body cause by this slacker/manic worker cycle;
  2. Actually get out of the cycle and just be on top of things from day to day; or
  3. Suddenly discover that I have a trust fund, don't have to work for a living, and suddenly have as much free time to just be with people as I want.

At the moment, these three things seem equally and painfully unlikely. So I will just plod along with my moose, and feel good when I come up for air in two weeks.



1 comment:

GooberMonkey said...

The Moose is bellowing a little softer. It's 2:45 in the morning, and I just finished one piece of what I have to do in the next two weeks. I worked out earlier today, and went to yoga yesterday. Bob and I both noticed that I had more energy and was more chipper tonight. We'll see how that translates after the mere five hours of sleep I will get tonight.