Friday, January 14, 2005

Rambling on again

Sail the sky with a clever boat and dash free of cramped quarters. Give me a nickel and cradle the goat. Grow your beard longer than your eyes and see further into the stars. Grab your coat. Let's go. Come with me around and around and through these awful woods. I'm graying skin and baggy bones, given over to oldies tunes on the radio. Spinning my lessons into wooly woolen artifices and keeping the flames warm not cold. I'm growing skinny with weariness grabbing berries from the poetry. Giving me warm fuzzy warnings every time I come close. Where is my Huck Finn? Where did he go? Is the camper packed and ready? We'll drive for miles and get the munchies.

Laurie and I have a date to write on February 18 - I'm taking the day off from work just to write!! I'm so excited...By the way, the above was just a blind free write. I actually have no idea what I just wrote down and really don't care whether it's good, bad or ugly. Just felt like brain dumping for a moment or two to break up the workday...

No comments: